What sort people are proud of an insult? What’s wrong with them?
The answer … nothing!!!
They are bikers –and there’s nothing wrong with them.
They love the exhilaration and challenge of riding Australia’s roads.
They understand the nuances of the various motorcycle tribes.
This ignorance shows itself in insults and negative stereotyping.
Like most Aussies they take this in their stride and take pride in being regarded with disdain.
They are –Temporary Australians and proud of it!
Temporary Australians Fact Sheet
- It was Jonesy’s idea to call the show Temporary Australians.
- This reality/ documentary series refutes motorcycling’s negative stereotypes.
- Hirsty started filming a pilot in 2008.
- Jonesy and Hirsty ad lib the intros and exits for all Temporary Australians episodes.
- Series 1 appeared across Australia on community television in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Geelong during 2012.
- Digital Channel ONE, which is part of the Ten Network, offered Temporary Australians a 2pm Saturday time slot with no promise of repeats.
- Series 2 aired for the first time on ONE 2pm Saturday August 31, 2013.
- It aired for the second time from January 26, 2014 and the viewer ratings figures actually increased.
- The third screening moved away from weekends to mid-week 4.30pm and early mornings and attracted a new audience.
- All screenings ended up repeating episodes each week.
- First Screening August-November 2013
- Total Metro with repeats 600,000
- Total Regional with repeats 387,473
- Screening Total 987,473
- Second Screening January – May 2014
- Total Metro with repeats 867,000
- Total Regional with repeats 373,620
- Screening Total 1,240,620
- Third Screening August – 2014
- Total Metro with repeats 239,000
- Total Regional with repeats 118,182
- Screening Total 357,182
- Final Total as at 1 September, 2014 2,585,275.
- Episode average over three screenings including repeats: 215,440.
- Series 3 started on ONE on Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 3pm.
- First Screening Oct – January 2015
- Total metro with repeats 648,000
- Total regional with repeats 476,268
- Screening Total 1,124,268
- Second Screening May – August 2015
- Total metro with repeats 606,000
- Total Regional with repeats 379,368
- Screening Total 985,368
- Third Screening February – May 2016
- Total metro with repeats 696,000
- Total Regional with repeats 428,000
- Screening Total 1,124,000
- Total so far as at August 11, 2016 is 3,233,636.
- Episode average of Series 3 over two screenings plus repeats is 269,269.
- A third screening of Series 3 is expected before the contract ends in October 2016.
- Series 4 started on ONE on Sunday October 4, 2015 at 3 pm.
- First Screening Oct – Dec 2015
- Total metro without repeats 396,000
- Total regional without repeats 252,000
- Repeats Est. based on 2016 figures 162,000
- TENPLAY 16,038
- Screening Total 826,038
- Second Screening May – July 2016
- Total metro with repeats 402,000
- Total regional with repeats 224,000
- Screening Total 626,000
- Total so far as at August 11, 2016 is 1,452,038
- Episode average of Series 4 so far 121,003
- Raw ratings figures are supplied by Network Ten.